FRIDAY FIVE: Five things annoying to a READER
June 6, 2014
All we readers have been abused sometime or the other by someone or the other. We’re trying to have chit-chat about a book and suddenly their eyes glaze over and an annoying remark is tattle by them. I have faced so many of them, and some of those remarks are:
1. All that reading will destroy your eyes.
2. You read books outside of class?
3. You spend your money on buying books?
4. Why waste time reading books when you could be doing other things? Important things?
5. If you read books, you must be day dreaming all the time. You know, you should come and visit us in the ‘real world’ once!
I always try to remain calm in those situations instead of getting aggressive and kung-fu kicking their balls (even, if they don’t have). But sometimes, few of them are close on achieving the highest level in annoying others, like us, and to stop them I have a very similar reaction: